To provide a mechanism for collaborative efforts to improve communication and achieve greater access to affordable and quality healthcare, education, information, resources and services for the north Omaha community.
Optimal health and well-being of adults, children and families who, work, live, worship and do business in the north Omaha community.
To help promote ethnic diversity and cultural understanding essential to improving the overall health of Nebraskans through premier educational programs, innovative research to include community based participatory research and outreach to underserved populations in partnership with the University of Nebraska Medical Center .
- To increase access to UNMC
- To assist the North Omaha community
- To engage with the North Omaha community
- To challenge UNMC to meet the needs of the North Omaha community
Past NOCCC programs
- Partnership Ideas Network-Computer Workshop Project
- New Community Development, Entrepreneur Project
- Kidz Explore
- Great Plains Girls Scout Summer Program
- Young Parents Project, UNMC College of Nursing
- Southern Sudan GED Program
- Annual Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- ALL STARS Program at Sherman, Kennedy, Fontenelle and Franklin Elementary Schools
- Youth Health Career Exploration Program at North High School and Monroe Middle School
- Health education and screening projects with Omaha Housing Authority
- Collaboration with Omaha Asthma Alliance on asthma education in the North Omaha Community
- Collaboration with ENCAP to provide educational seminars for senior participants on various health issues identified by the group