Potential Youth Applicants:
The NOCCC has an exciting opportunity for local youth! Want to gain valuable leadership experience and have a profound impact on the health of your peers in Omaha? Want a sweet addition to your resume while also being creative and fun? The NOCCC is looking to hire 4-5 youth leaders to plan and implement a youth summit in North Omaha in September 2017 at Metro Community College.
This youth summit will feature speakers and workshops on mental health, access to health care, education and career success, sexual health, life skills, healthy relationships, and adolescent development. Additional workshops featuring art, music, poetry and more may be added. You will be paired with a mentor that will assist you during the planning process and will support you.
Important things to know regarding this project and your eligibility:
- Must be 14-19 years of age.
- Must attend an orientation to the project with a parent/guardian/caregiver (tentatively first part of June, 2017) and conference on September 23, 2017.
- Must be able to attend 1-2 weekly meetings (early evening, weekends). The time commitment may vary from 4-8 hours per week, depending on your designated committee.
- Stipends available up to $1,000!
- Awesome skill sets we need? Organization and planning, collaborative teamwork, social media skills, great relationships with other youth in the community, etc.
Complete the application online, submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send by mail to PO Box 31341 Omaha, NE 68131 no later than May 24th (applications must be received by this date). You will be asked to interview with a small group of adult leaders the week of May 29th with your availability to start work the week of June 5th, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact Aja Anderson at 402-916-5293 or at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!